Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Getting To Feel Angry & Letting It Go

"Anger occurs when you feel that you are not being seen, heard, valued or respected. You need this negative emotion to stimulate the actions that will initiate change." Why do I need negativity in my life? I give myself value, what others think of me does not determine my value in life, what i think of myself determines my value. I respect myself for what I have accomplished in my life, where I have come from, what I have overcame, I do not need the respect of others to give me self respect. And as far as being seen and heard....unless I am standing in line at Starbucks.........i have learnt in life that being ignored is a matter of fact..........and that when I live my life to its fullest to my standards, whether the world stops and takes notice is not my concern. I agree, we should release all our negative energy, yoga, visualization, imagery are all good ways of ridding ourselves of this energy.....but I do not need it to initiate change in my life. What I need is self awareness to bring about change........and if something is bothering me so bad that it creates all these negative feelings.........then i need to find another Starbucks........

No comments:

Blue Search

Subscribe Now: Blue Collar Conversion

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

About Me

I am a Registered Nurse and Practical Nursing Teacher.